Thursday

Dry Your Clothes Outside


Drying your clothes outside is a huge energy saver. The average dryer uses 4,400 watts of energy per cycle. This may not sound like a lot but if only a quater of the human population in America just hung one load of laundry out to dry we could save 340,081,512 Kw of energy.

Think of all the resources we could save if every just started doing one load of laundry outside.

The biggest complaint I here about putting laundry outside is that it make the clothes to stiff. I understand I battle with this myself. I usually end up letting heavy clothes that take forever to dry like jeans, towels, and sweat shirts dry on the line while keeping my favorite shirts and underwear out of the public eye. I have also found that if you only dry your shirts and underwear it takes only twenty minutes. Saving time money and most importantly the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment